Monday 27 June 2011

Take off your masks, now!

Hello, hello! :)

First of all, I would like to say that now everybody can comment on the posts! A friend of mine informed me that he couldn't comment, so I made the necessary changes to the settings! DONE! 

Now,what I would like to talk about today is authenticity. This is a very special term for me. It comes from the greek work αυθεντικός (authentikos), which means original. According to wikipedia, the word refers to the truthfulness of origins, attributions, commitments, sincerity, devotion, and intentions.

Unfortunately, today most of us are "obliged" by society to wear different masks..everyday! In the office, with the friends, with the significant other, with acquaintances, with strangers... But like this, it is highly possible that we get used to be a different person and that we forget what we really are, how we really want to behave, how we really would like the others to remember us. . . 

I made all these thoughts by this picture I saw today on the web. This quote is so true.



Everybody can recollect of persons who try to hide so obviously their true selves. This does not leave a good impression for sure. We feel that these individuals are fake. But why they act like this? Don't they like themselves? Do they think society will not accept them as they really are? I don't know... I would like your input in that!

However, what I do believe is that Earth has 7 billion people!! I am sure someone will be like me and will not find me odd (well, at least not completely! :P). On the same time, I feel that by being ME and just myself, I can contribute my originality to this world...my ideas, my creativity, my dreams! And by saying me, I mean YOU, I mean US, the human species. 

Everybody is so different, but at the same time so similar! Why not use these synergies to create something good? Why should we hide behind masks that society imposes? 

Can you recollect of a person who is trully original? How do you feel when you are around such people? I feel great! =) I feel like I "invest" my time and not just spend it talking with a fake person for fake situations... For me, it's a bless to have such people around you! =) And that's how I would like to be perceived by others, as a person that deserves their time!

What about you? 

Have you made your choice?


5 comments:

  1. What is a true self? Does it really exist? It is hard to define, isn't it? Society create/modify our behaviour since we are born. So those masks are not really masks. At the end of the day the are just, nothing more than just, necessary adaptations of behaviour to pursue what we want to do/make. And, for me, to do what I want to do, is TO BE myself.

    Antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is a true self? Does it really exist? It is hard to define, isn't it? Society create/modify our behaviour since we are born. So those masks are not really masks. At the end of the day the are just, nothing more than just, necessary adaptations of behaviour to pursue what we want to do/make. And, for me, to do what I want to do, is TO BE myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, maybe then we define ourselves from what we want to do! : ) True self, then, could be when one does or tries to do what he/she really wants! For istance, I have a friend that he quit his Masters' in business in order to become Chef de Patisserie! That's what makes him happy!

    Of course, within the limits of respecting other human beings! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speak the truth girl! I am so thankful to have stumbled upon your page and was able to find these words... they sum up my life in the past 3 years and couldnt have been spoken better! Thanks for posting! Please keep writing! And if you don't mind, please send me ur email address or get in touch with me... I would love to write u a comment on one of your other posts but I love to --- write more than the space allows! Love from Germany! Jenny jprozell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Jenny! I'm glad you liked my post! If you would like to get in touch with me, this is the e-mail: art.soul.life.blogspot@gmail.com

      :) Greetings from UK!

      Delete